Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Satu Bulan

Another good week. It's hard to believe that I've already been here for a month. I'm in Jakarta right now, it's weird to think that over a month ago I was just landing in the air port here. When we arrived at the mission home this morning it felt just like it had only been a couple of days since I'd arrived there. I just learned that my trainer Elder Bills is moving in a couple of weeks, which makes me pretty sad.  I was really hoping that he would finish my training.  I still don't know who my new companion is going to be, but I hope its another bule, because I know that having an Indonesian comp would be super tough. This week I went on splits with my DL elder Wiebowo, and it was way hard. He has really good english but we really just used Indonesian all day. It was super tiring, because when people are speaking to me in indonesian I really have to focus super hard.
 
Other than that this week we really tried to focus on becoming better at contacting, so we didn't teach as many of our regular appointments. So we tried some areas neither of us had been. One was a park, and the other this grafetti art corner thing. The park was super successful first we talked with a group of friends from Manado, they were all like 50 year old ladies who were treating us like we were One Direction, it was super funny. They all hung on our arms and one lady stood in front of my and grabbed my arms and made me hug her, anyways before I could pull them away she got one picture, so hopefully I don't get sent home........ jk Then later we helped some college students set up a slack line and really just hung out with them, and they accepted Kitab Mormons but who knows if they really wanted them.  Then the other place we just took pictures with a bunch of people. I don't know its very hard to contact in Bogor.  The people there are Sundenese so that means they are extremely Muslim so they aren't too excited to change.
 
Other than that we went traveling to a super far village yesterday, it was what I thought my mission was going to be like. It was crazy some of the people we met said that they had never seen white people in person, so everyone in the town wanted to come and talk to us. It was cool, but I don't think that it will actually go anywhere cause they would have to travel for 4 hours to just come to church. The only reason we went out was a guy who works in the city and only goes home like once a month, and he was the least interested guy there!
 
Anyways this week was super good, I really feel like if we continue to put a lot of effort into contacting we will find someone who is prepared. Whenever I hear conversion stories here there all super crazy, so I guess I just need to be patient and wait to cross paths with someone who is ready to listen to what I have to say. Other than that its still fun to meet all of these new people, and hopefully I've been planting a lot of seeds for future missionaries to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment