Monday, July 18, 2016

3/14/16

Well the string of long weeks continued this week. The week started off with my companion being very sick, and he was never really very healthy this week. But even if he was healthy it wouldn't have changed much, because almost every appointment we had scheduled canceled. Sometimes I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I heard, oh maaf mas saya nggak bisa ketemu minggu ini, mungkin minggu depan ya? Because I heard that multiple times every day. So yeah this week was super slow, and we spent a lot of time in our house.

On Tuesday, Elder Saunders and I went to one of my appointments because my comp was blowing chunks. It was a super fun appointment because it was in the Savero Golden Flower hotel. Some of the other missionaries passed the hr manager on the street and he said that he wanted to meet with the missionaries. It was so cool, we met with him and some of his coworkers in the restaurant and had freaking good food, and we just really explained why we were here. Then after that we went on a tour of the hotel. It was weird being in something that nice because all day I'm just in the poorest homes.

But yeah other than that everything here is about the same. We had some really fun member appointments this week, and for once the youth in our ward came to sports night (something we host every week). That's something that I have really enjoyed doing since my language is getting better, is speaking with the members. That's something I think that is very different about our church, the fact that 2, 19 year old boys can move into a ward and instantly everyone treats them like family, it is crazy. I'm so grateful for the ward here. They really have become like a 2nd family to me, and they have made the transition into a completely different world easier for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment