Monday, April 18, 2016

2/29/16

This week has been extremely long. What seemed like a very promising week on Monday, quickly became a week that felt very unproductive. I mentioned last week that we had a number of new appointments set up for this week, of which none of them actually happened. We couldn't get in contact with any of the people who gave us their cell phone numbers, and the ones who gave us their addresses when we showed up they no longer wanted to meet. And then on top of that we had some regular appointments cancel on us. On Sunday we we were on our way to the Salim family (I've met with them every sunday since I've been here) and its about a 1 and a half hour trip. Anyways when we were within 15 minutes of their house they canceled on us!
 
Really the only bright spot of this week was Pak Iwan. We met with him at the same less active member's home. Anyways we were teaching the Plan of Salvation, and our member started to go through the Jehovah's Witness doctrine. I was so angry and I didn't know what to do, so I kind of just sat back in my chair for a second and wished evil upon the member. But then the coolest thing happened, Pak Iwan started teaching our member! Its so cool to see just how prepared he is to be baptized . It was the best thing that could have happened.
 
Other than that this week was pretty boring. It was really hard being the only one in my companionship that knew anything about our area, and the people we teach. Other than that I just hope we have more success finding new people next week, because the days where we are just our contacting are getting pretty old. I just feel so lost, everything we try doesn't work. I just hope this next week we have an easier time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment